I’m grumpy this morning.
I have several reasons to be grumpy. None of them are really all that important, but the fact they are on my mind is bugging me. So I’m going to share them. Don’t be offended. Feel free to skip to the end of this post.
1. The Bionic Man called me yesterday, at the beginning of an already full afternoon, to let me know that it was “cakeathon” night at Cub Scout pack meeting that night. Could I come up with something creative? (See what happens when I make rainbow cupcakes just one time? They get used to it, real fast.)
2. Shortly after the Bionic Man called about the cakeathon, I had to go to my OB/GYN’s for an uncomfortable test. I’m not going to go into details, because we don’t know each other well enough. Test results were fine. I’m fine. I just think ultrasounds that don’t include babies are zero fun, so I’m feeling grouchy about the fact that I had to be there. (Don’t worry, it wasn’t like this ultrasound was supposed to have a baby in it. I just think that variety is more fun and rewarding.)
3. As I whipped dinner together and raced to get out the door to a meeting later that night, the Bionic Man mentioned casually, “Oh, by the way, tomorrow is the chili cook-off.” WHAT chili cook-off? “The one at work,” he told me. “Do you think you could make that chili that isn’t chili for me to take to work tomorrow?” It is really not typical for the Bionic Man to spring stuff on me like this. He knows better. I don’t know where the two strikes in six hours came from. But since I refused to make the cake (hey, that test at the doctor’s office hurt) I kind of had to smile through clenched teeth and agree to make the soup….if he would pick up the ingredients.
4. It is 9 A.M. and I have to make chili. Bionic Man picked up some of the ingredients, but not exactly the right ones. I’m going to have to go to the store for more. My kitchen is a mess. My hair is a mess.
5. I have to get Christmas organized in the next 5 days. And Thanksgiving is at my house.
Sigh. Okay, it is out of my system. Now, I’m going to think of the words of one of my favorite Primary songs: